Thursday, May 26, 2011

United States Fails to Nab Top Honors in International Competition. Disappointed Republicans Blame President Obama

I have some very strong feelings, the most important of which at the moment is campaign finance reform because its tentacles reach into every other issue. I fear we're getting closer to a plutocracy than we want to, and I believe that deep down the people want to do something about that ~ Warren Beatty (b. 3/30/1937) an American actor, producer, screenwriter and director who has received four Golden Globe and fourteen Academy Award nominations, winning one for Best Director in 1982.

On 4/12/2011 the Paris-based Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) announced the "winners" in an international economic competition. Shocked Republican politicians could not believe that the United States had not only not won top honors, but actually came in fourth behind Chile, Mexico and Turkey!

According to the OECD's report, titled "Society at a Glance 2011: OECD Social Indicators", income inequality is greater in those three countries. Disappointed Republicans vowed to work harder to ensure that next time we come in first place.

"This is really embarrassing", a dismayed Paul Ryan was reported to have said. "The most powerful nation in the world was bested by Chile", an incredulous Ryan continued. "Ayn Rand must be rolling over in her grave". The crestfallen Ryan further remarked that, "this is another reason why we need to adopt my budget. The USA can and should be number one!".

Other Republican suggestions for propelling the US into the number one position included abolishing the minimum wage and the passage of a national right to work law. When asked what he thought about the minimum wage Kentucky Senator Randal Paul said, "I think the question you have to ask is - does the minimum wage, in the long run, have negative social effects? Do we want a higher standard of living for the working poor and middle class at the expense of higher profits for the employers?". Mr. Paul was adamant that the answer to that question is "no".

South Carolina Senator Jim DeMint said, "I whole heartedly agree with my colleague, the honorable Mr. Paul. The lower classes have had a free ride for far too long. Their wages are out of step with what workers in other countries receive. This is why I've introduced a bill designed to neuter the unions and thus cut wages. Lower wages for workers means more profit for the owners".

"We pretend to revere the Founders for the benefit of the rabble", Texas Representative Kevin Brady revealed in a moment of unusual Republican honesty. "Is inherited wealth incompatible with Democracy as Jefferson claimed? I would say yes. But we're a Republic, not a Democracy", Brady explained.

"This is why my party - with the help of a few conservative Democrats - introduced the Bipartisan Bill to Permanently Repeal Federal Estate Tax on March 30th of this year".

Speaker of the House John Boehner blamed President Obama for America's failure to win the OECD prize, remarking, "You can thank the Republicans lying about pursuing a jobs agenda for our coming in 4th. If we had actually done something about jobs like we promised we may have come in 5th place".

Postscript: Congress was recently evacuated due to what was first believed to be a gas leak. It was later discovered that the gas that was leaking was actually an aerosolized version of a truth serum drug. It is unknown at this time how the gas was released into the ventilation system. The Capitol Police are investigating.

These quotations were obtained by staff researcher Janeane Garner of the Progressive Ideology Foundation (PIF) in on-the-street interviews with the members of Congress following the evacuation. Representatives of the Congresspersons quoted have since disavowed the quotations. PIF is a US-based Progressive think tank which is also known as "Liberal Headquarters".

A power to dispose of estates for ever is manifestly absurd. The earth and the fullness of it belongs to every generation, and the preceding one can have no right to bind it up from posterity. Such extension of property is quite unnatural ~ Thomas Jefferson (4/13/1743 to 7/4/1826) 3rd President of the United States (3/4/1801 to 3/4/1809), founding father, and principal author of the Declaration of Independence.

[The estate tax] is a tenet of Marxism ~ Christine O'Donnell (b. 8/27/1969) perennial candidate who lost the November 2010 U.S. Senate election in Delaware to Democrat Chris Coons - by a margin of 57% to 40%; as quoted in a 10/13/2010 debate with her opponent.

Contra O'Reilly Comment: 5/25/2011.

SWTD #81, PIF #6.

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe it! This is indeed a scoop! Well-done w-dervish! I commend you for your work in obtaining the truth. If only more Americans read your blog... perhaps we wouldn't be in the pickle we currently are. I'm going to recommend your excellent blog to all my friends post-haste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind words perquinn! BTW, it has been some time since you last posted here... where have you been? I also see that your fine blog hasn't been updated in over 2 months!

    In any case, I recommend to my readers that they visit your blog post-haste. And be sure to check out the soundtrack CDs that perquinn is selling. If you're a fan of film scores you have GOT to check out perquinn's blog!

    Take it from me, perquinn is a merchant that can be trusted, absolutely! Whether you buy from him through ebay, amazon, or directly, perquinn is WHERE IT'S AT... if you're interested in listening to orchestral film score music, that is.

    If you are NOT interested in listening to orchestral film score music... I suggest you GET interested. Why? Because it is the best kind of music there is. Personally, I listen to little else.

    I strongly suggest that all my fans get over to perquinn's blog immediately and peruse his list of soundtrack CDs for sale... then pick out a few and contact him to arrange payment. He accepts Paypal, so completing your transaction should be a snap!

    No worries, perquinn is an honest chap... I know this to be a fact because he is a very close personal friend of mine. If you have any doubts just check out the links at the bottom of his sale page -– links to both his eBay and Paypal feedback profiles.

    PLEASE, do it NOW! I guarantee you will not be disappointed. If you like music that is awesome you cannot miss with orchestral film score music. If you think classical music is boring... do not worry. Orchestral film score music is definitely not boring. Trust me, you'll be doing yourself a favor if you decide to purchase from perquinn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for that very generous endorsement of my blog and prowess as a purveyor of orchestral film music on CD. But, while generous, I can assure anyone reading that the praise is all deserved. I say this not to toot my own horn, but to put any prospective customers at ease. They really do not have anything to worry about if they decide to do business with me. I take customer service very seriously. Happy customers are repeat customers!

    I'm in business for the long haul using the "perquinn" brand name. I would not do anything stupid to sully my reputation and kill future sales. What I'm offering are genuine factory pressed and factory sealed CDs that are studio authorized. That means no illegal recorded discs or any other kind of funny business wherein I try to rip you off. Like I said, I'm trying to build an online reputation, and that kind of dishonesty just would not do!

    So, I encourage anyone who is even mildly interested to please take a look. If orchestral film score music is not familiar to you, I suggest you try it... you might like it. I know I do. I know my friend w-dervish does. How many more recommendations do you need? If you're a follower of this blog I'm sure you've probably come to realize that w-dervish knows what he's talking about. His opinions concerning politics are top-notch, and his opinions regarding music are also top-notch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! My face is a little red after reading your hearty endorsement of my blog and my opinions regarding everything political.

    I have no doubt that you will be receiving many inquiries regarding the CDs you are selling... very soon. I think you can kiss your free time goodbye... at least for the immediate future.

    You're going to be extremely busy processing and sending out orders. BTW, perquinn wraps and packages the CDs he sells very carefully, so you can rest assured that your CDs will reach you undamaged.

    ReplyDelete
  5. w-dervish, can I say here and now with out embarrassment, and a little red faced...I love you... you are terrific (and funny as all hell!)

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is not currently in effect. Your comment will appear immediately. I do not, however, allow Anonymous comments. Anyone wishing to comment MUST have a Blogger account.