Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Donald Trump On Corporate Inversions & Titties

Sorry losers and haters, but my I.Q. is one of the highest - and you all know it! Please don't feel so stupid or insecure, it's not your fault ~ Donald Trump tweet, 5/8/2013.

I'd say that I agree with Donald Trump about Corporate Inversions, but I don't trust the guy. He says he's against them, and so am I, but would he follow through and try to do something to stop them if "elected" president? I'm thinking he wouldn't.

Obviously he also likes titties, and (as a guy) I have to admit I like them too. Although I think a man can appreciate this aspect of the female form and not be a misogynist like Trump. btw, unlike with all his political positions, I absolutely trust him on this.

Trump: We'll also end job killing corporate inversions and cause trillions of dollars in new dollars to come pouring into our country. And, by the way, into titties like right here in Detroit. (remarks from a 8/8/2016 address to the Detroit Economic Club).

"There was someone in the front who was very endowed and he had his eyes on her boobs", a commenter on the YouTube page I got the video from (see below). And I had to look at a few different ones, as most cut off the part about corporate inversions. Because (I'm guessing), nobody knows what they are. Or cares.

I was watching Stephanie Miller today, and when she played the clip, "voice deity" Jim Ward said "Huh, corporate inversions"? The implication being that Trump was speaking gobbledygook (BTW, it isn't Jim Ward's job to know these things, but Miller should have known. Or looked it up. Or at least chose a clip that started playing after that part. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Stephanie Miller fan, but she's nowhere near as knowledgeable as Thom Hartmann).

In any case, Wikipedia says a corporate inversion "is the practice of relocating a corporation's legal domicile to a lower-tax nation, or tax haven, usually while retaining its material operations in its higher-tax country of origin... [the practice] involves creating a new parent company that sits on top of the corporate structure and is incorporated in the desired foreign jurisdiction".

Me, I say that, if a business operates in the US, they should pay US taxes. ESPECIALLY if the majority of their business is done in the United States.

But back to Trump on corporate inversions... Looking at what he's said (on his on the issues page), I'm not sure Trump knows what they are.

Trump: What's happening right now is something that not been a subject of conversation by politicians. They haven't talked about a corporate inversion. Companies are leaving the United States to go to other countries. They have trillions of dollars in those other countries. They can't get their money back in. It's probably two and a half trillion. All of that money could be used to rebuild our country. (Get U.S. money back into U.S.: address corporate inversion).

"They can't get their money back in"? He doesn't mention the fact that corporate inversions are done to dodge taxes. Instead, it sounds to me like he's talking about giving corporations tax breaks if they bring their money back to the United States.

That issue HAS been discussed by politicians. Republican politicians who want to offer corporations with money overseas a repatriation tax holiday. This is what he's talking about when he says "they can't get their money back in"... repatriation.

...income is subject to the (typically higher) U.S. tax rate minus the Foreign Tax Credits... There are currently hundreds of billions of dollars of Foreign direct investment in CFC's (controlled foreign corporations) because of the disincentive to repatriate those earnings.

So, maybe I'm wrong, but it looks like Trump doesn't know what the hell he's talking about re corporate inversions. And nobody on his team caught this?

BTW, being a guy and liking titties doesn't mean I don't think him commenting on his daughters' assets isn't scuzzy. Because it REALLY is.

In 1994 episode of "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous", the bombastic billionaire — already known for making creepy comments about his older daughter — and his then-wife Marla Maples opened up about their infant daughter, Tiffany...

Robin Leach: Donald, what does Tiffany have of yours, and what does Tiffany have of Marla's?

Donald Trump: Well, I think that she's got a lot of Marla. She's a really beautiful baby, and she's got Marla's legs. We don't know whether she's got this part yet (gestures toward his chest), but time will tell. (Donald Trump comments on 1-year-old daughter's breasts in disturbing 1994 interview).

What a creep. As well as a boob. As for how high DJT's IQ is... clearly his is higher than that of many of his followers, but "one of the highest"? I think the evidence says no.

Video1: Trump wants to end corporate inversions (AKA give huge tax breaks to corporations) which (he says) will help titties. I had to look at a few versions of this video to find one that included the part about corporate inversions. Which is why I selected one where the person captured it by videoing their TV (which I'd normally avoid). Looks to me like everyone focused on him saying "titties" and totally missed that he apparently doesn't know what a corporate inversion is (0:26).

Video2: Donald Trump interview from 1994 in which he speculates about the future size of his then 1-year-old daughter Tiffany's breasts (0:18).

SWTD #344

3 comments:

  1. So what about it fuck head, did you check Nader's blog about his policy of reprinting his posts? OF course not, you would rather be a lying asshole. You lose lying asshole HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looked, but did not see anything on Nader's site that says "take my posts and spam other blogs with them. Also, be sure to not say where you got it so people will think you wrote it".

      Fact is, I couldn't find a reprint policy of any kind. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but from your comment, it sounds like it should be easy to find.

      Delete
  2. Luke suffers from multiple personalities disorder.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is not currently in effect. Your comment will appear immediately. I do not, however, allow Anonymous comments. Anyone wishing to comment MUST have a Blogger account.